CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 19, 2012

Bargain Beauty

Yes, I am a Bargain Beauty. I am one of those ladies that wakes up before dawn to go treasure hunting. I get a thrill out out the search. I get a high out of finding unique items. And even feel victorious when I win a price negotiation!

The weather was warm, the signs had been put out and the tables set up this weekend so my best friend, Pamela, and I started out early. We were able to hit 6 or 7 sales this weekend. It is early in the season so that was pretty good. We both found great buys and packed the back of the Durango full. I hate I didn't think to take any pictures while we were out and about but I did take some of a few of the items I came home with.




I love the soap and towel holder I found! I also bought the candy dish {minus Jelly Beans} and the picture frame from the same lady. I bought the Price is Right game and card maker CD for $4.



I found this butcher block for $2. I liked that it had the drawer and I can also use it for my crock pot. :)

I have been yard selling for years. In addition to local sales we go on the Hwy 127 Longest Yard Sale each year. With so much experience and as many Saturday's I spend at yard sales each year I made a special yard sale bag last year. I keep this bag packed so that it is ready to go on Saturday mornings and I don't have to worry about anything.



I use a crossover bag so that I don't have to take it off each time I am getting in and out of the car, and it is easier to carry when you have your hands full. In it I keep an extra pair of sunglasses, a snack, lots of extra change, extra batteries, a small screwdriver, tape measure, hand wipes, and goo gone. I have had too many times that I get home and find that something doesn't work and it isn't just the batteries or that it wont fit in the space I had planed for it. Hand wipes are good for cleaning your hands and trying to wipe spots off of items that you aren't sure if they will come off or not. In the mornings I throw in a bottle of water and my wallet and go! I also keep a fold up bag to carry items in.

One of the best things to remember about yard sales is to price negotiation. Especially towards lunch time. People are getting tired and hungry at that point. They are ready to pack up and go inside but don't want to pack the leftover items up. They will be more likely to will and deal just so they don't have to worry about it. I was able to get a whole box of toys for Tempe this way this weekend!
Photobucket Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...