CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Headed off on a jet plane to.....England!

Hi y'all!! 
For Christmas I gave Josh the Passport to Love that I found on the Dating Divas website. I loved it because everything was already planned out for me but I could still get as creative as I wanted to with it. It comes with a passport and a different country to visit each month.  There are a ton of ideas listed but you can spice it up how ever you like!

 
Tonight was our first date and we flew off to England. My first thought was to do fish and chips but then I remembered we would be doing this after bedtime. So I came up with the idea to turn my dining room into an English pub.  We aren't big drinkers but Josh had heard of an English Ale he wanted to try so this worked perfect. We spent the day working on things in the house so there wasn't much time to plan or transform anything. Which worked out good because 45 minutes into it Tempe woke up and I had to go be with her. I did get the dining room some what transformed by setting up a few old bottles and drink ware on my china hutch. 


I moved the table against the wall and put a low candle on it. 


 Once she was in bed I made Josh bring his passport to be stamped. 


Then I poured him an ale into his frosted glass. I tried a little and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Not for me but ok. 


Then we played "Lets Talk" that I also found on their site. It was fun to just sit and talk with each other and answer questions. We both learned something new about one another and found out we know more than we thought about one another. It was almost like a first date or speed date with your spouse! 

 
It was a nice way to end a long day of working around the house. That is what is most important for these dates, to unplug and reconnect! For future dates I think I am going to plan a theme dinner to do with Tempe then have something for us to do after bed time.  I think she would love to be apart of it. Our next destination, the land of LOVE, Paris!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...